Thursday, October 9, 2008

monorail vs mrt?

Last Sunday, after buried myself in books and never stepped outside the house since the day before, I decided that I need a proper meal (*huh, I starts to bcome like hocksoon on weekends) so I went to SAM *Singapore art museum and to orchard road for a walk.


I took MRT and while I was on the escalator going out the station -and the mrt was leaving the station- I overheard a little boy, who stood behind me asked his mama in an animated voice,


“Mama mama, why is the mrt moves so fast?”


“Because, it needs to send a lot of people to their destination so it have to move fast.”


It took a while, but his respond surprise me,


“Then why monorail is so slow?”


I was thinking hard, ‘what will I answer if he ever asked me that question? Probably something like –technology gap?’


But his mom definitely gave an excellent answer that won’t make him think badly of either one


“Monorail is slow because it wants to let people see the scenery of the city.”


There I realize: it is not just being a creative director of Saatchi&Saatchi requires you to be super creative. Being a mother requires even more. Pheew~ perhaps that was the fact about monorail and I was being ignorant, anyway good job auntie! I’m so impressed :D

No comments: