Friday, December 28, 2007

journey back home part 3

Part 3

20 Dec, early in the morning, shu shu sent me to airport. We pass by this super big house, just like a palace. And it’s vacant. Where is the rich owner then? @_@ what a money power display in Surabaya. The area where I stayed was rich area; the houses all are big like castle, at least double stories.

While not far then you can find gubuk made of plywood or just the weed wall. Such a overwhelming contrast….


At airport at least they treat us well, there’s a special counters for us. The good lady yesterday was mbak mila. (mbak=miss) and there’s 2 single mother with kids. One is with daughter and one is with son. So sweet to see after a day both of them become friend ^^ hahaha… here’s are their pics. Mila, vania and Justin.



Surprise!!! I met an old friend! Annet Tampi! After…5 years I think *_* and we are on the same plane~ she was my senior from junior high to senior high and was my English course classmate. Such a smart energetic and charming girl! She is with her younger sis (who looks exactly like her, plus exactly same hairstyle) and her sis’s friend, Grace.

Yesterday money from the airline I used it to buy asterix and obelix comic ^o^


The flight delay again. Delay for around 2 hours L cihhhhh~ hate this airline!


Another surprise! Uci is on the same plane too! Steicy pungus *_* hahaha~ was my junior at high school. At next to me sit passenger from yesterday. She told me, her friend who board yesterday hasn’t gotten her luggage yet. So even yesterday passengers have to back to airport today for their luggage.


Arriving at Manado, it’s around 8. We waited for 40 minutes before they shouted ‘bagasi habis’?!??!?!?!??? Where’s mine?!?!?!?!


And so I get to see some interesting fight. An auntie with a super loud and garang voice scolded the airport’s people. An uncle is ready to punch the officer too, only to be held back by her daughter. It was a mess. The auntie was yesterday’s passenger. She shout ‘masa saya terlantar di negeri sendiri?!’ and there’s a big fat young guy too ready to punch those officers.


I get to hear some interesting opinions. “kalau Cuma satu dua yg tertinggal nda apa2” exactly like what I heard yesterday, one of the victims, a girl –just a little bit older than me- ask the Surabaya officer “kenapa ini bisa terjadi pak? Kalo satu dua saja yg tertinggal kan nda apa, ini, kita ada belasan orang loh” (How can this happened Sir? I can understand if the leftover is 1-2 people, but here we have almost 20 people)


I snapped her back “biar Cuma satu dua pun ga bole donk! Kita sudah bayar, sudah confirm tiketnya berarti kita punya hak utk dapat seat sama bagasi 20 kg! ga bole ada yg tertinggal!”


I can’t belief this kind of mentality!! They take it that if it’s happen to one two people or the missing luggage is one or two it’s ok. It’s acceptable as misfortune. Or perhaps they accept it as fact ‘inilah indonesia’ so they will always accept errors to happen.



Hey. What if it’s only you they left at Surabaya airport? What if it’s only your luggage is missing? No. it’s purely an irresponsible act, such an unprofessional work from country’s airline!!! When you had purchase and confirm your ticket, no matter how cheap it is compare to others, you have the exact same right as those whose ticket cost double or triple than you.

My luggage only back to me on 22 Dec. the bag where I put roast duck smell like shit. And make my darlings soft toys smell like shit too. Arrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggg but they pay me RP400000 = RM140. the officer who sent it to my house smile and said ‘mbak nanti balik malaysia naik merpati ya’ WALAO LEH~ am I looks that dumb?


By now, you must have wondered which shitty airline is it. It’s MERPATI, owned by government. shitty attitude and work manners.

I’m still angry at myself. The officers who send those bags home ask me who is in charge at Surabaya on 19 Dec. I said I don’t know their name. None of us ask his name. He said if he had names it’s better to evaluate them. I told him to just find who is on the afternoon shift 19 Dec la~ he said what? ‘yah klo begitu susah lacaknya’ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What’s the point anyway even if I had those shitty officers name? But I should have their names jotted down as whom responsible for my flight delay and luggage delay.


Such a mess happens to me because I’m stupid. I’m angry to myself. I let those things happen to me and I don’t know how to react. Never mind, as I belief things happen for good reason, this journey happen to teach me to be smart. I had to outsmart things like this to survive. Being angry and throw tantrum is not enough. I have to handle things better and be prepared for worst to worst. Be quick, alert, and controlled.


Indonesia is a place with super lots of law loopholes. You can see it as bad place; you can also see it as a challenging place. As Robert Kiyosaki said, to be rich, you had to be creative. The rich use these loopholes to become richer. It’s whether you can handle situation or not. The poor angry and throw tantrum and blame things. When they accepted it as ‘inilah indonesia’ they automatically close their mind and stop finding solutions or better situation. Well, if there’s more and more child being educated in ‘inilah indonesia’ way, Indonesia will never raise.


As for now, I don’t want to stay and grow old in Indonesia.


And please, NEVER SIT IN MERPATI AIRLINE. Never! You can choose either Batavia or Lion air. It’s also low cost carrier.

No comments: