Music: OST boys before flower –ashiwoon maenmingeol – it’s addictive!
The trip was at the long beach, pulau perhentian kecil, trengganu. Malaysia. Total journey time by transnational bus from Singapore was exactly 12 hours and by KTM train was 14 hours.
It was a 3D 2N trip at BUBU resort, we bought a package including 3 meals+ tea time every day, and plus snorkeling trips. Total cost was RM 530 for me, and those depart from KL was RM 650 because they had resort van service picking them up from KL.
Transnational was surprisingly on time, and somehow I could manage to sleep during the trip so 12 hours didn’t felt that long.
18 june, we arrived around noon at the resort, had our nice lunch, then played at the beach in front of the resort. Around 6 we followed our resort tour guide to see sunset. We walked through jungle, and arrived at the other side of the island. The sunset was... orange coloured. Hahhaha, oh my… I had yet to reach the romatic feeling of seeing sunset. To me, it’s all the same. Sunset.
I had fun snapping some pictures thought. And climbing big rocky rocks.
We had BBQ dinner, which we didn’t need to grill the meat ourself.
And the highlight of the day… was star gazing.
Lately I had always think back of the days in my high school dormitory, where I would always out to star gazing after dinner. The sky was dark so the stars shine brightly.
Lord heard my prayer, and that night four of us, lay down at the sandy beach and counts how many falling stars we saw. I saw four I think. The view was amazing. The wind was really calm, that Ken mentioned ‘something is missing. I couldn’t hear any sea waves sound!’
I could have sleep there, seriously. The beach was rather non-commercialize, and in the middle it’s part there’s no resort, it was really dark. So we could lie down there, see the stars -a sea of stars- shining above us. Ah… I couldn’t understand the charm of sunset, but I definitely fall for the stars. Beautiful.
19 june. I dragged my feet and out from the room at 7.30. I catch the sunrise. It looks pretty. I walked till the other end of the beach. The water was amazingly calm, flat.
Today’s highlight was the snorkeling session. That was my 1st time snorkeling. After a nice American breakfast, we went to 5 points snorkeling places. At our boat, beside 8 of us, there’s another 4 pretty guai mui.
At the first point we saw lots of colourful corals. And I got bitten by small black fish who seems to be angry because I was stepping at the rocks (or coral) so sorry!
I snorkeled a bit too far that when I looked around, everybody was already in the boat and I was rather panic and swam as fast as I could to reach the other end. So shy.
At the second point the boat driver show me baby shark. Wah… there’s really a small triangle shapes on top of the fish. I saw 2 of it.
At the third point we saw sea turtle. It was munching it’s lunch under our feet (another 3-5 meters below I guess) I saw 2 of it too.
At the forth point, because it was lunch time so there’s no other boat around. Felt like the ocean belongs to us! And we saw napoleon fishes! A whole gang of it! And the guai muis swam following the fishes for few rounds, tagging behind like a group of paparazzi.
At the last point (which was actually another corner of the forth point) was a shallow small white sandy beach! The water was crystal clear! We took a lot pictures there, and looking back, it almost looks like we were at a swimming pool. The water was amazing!
It was right at the noon, the sun was shining brightly above us, nobody minds. Teak chee tracked down and capture a sea cucumber and we made it our celebrity of the day. we finally had a chance to talk to the pretty ladies. It surprised me(us) that they are all 20 years old, and will be traveling for 7 weeks. 2 were from Ireland and the other 2 were from England. They are collage mate, having summer holiday, and will be going to Thailand, Vietnam and other south east asia country afterwards.
Then we went back to the resort, and 3 of us girls spend the day off sleeping under the tree at the beach.
After dinner we played some card games, and then later on I continue star gazing. That was one amazing sight that you can’t get in city life.
20 june. it was a sad one. Who wouldn’t want to stay longer at such paradise? Those heading back to KL depart in the morning, and we depart around 4. From the boat terminal we took another hour or 2 drive to KTM station at kota bahru.
There. I think that was the first time ever I was given a nasty stare from a granny for the way I dress. I mean, I am not the type that usually dresses up in skimpy clothes, but I was from the beach, so I wore… a normal hot pants and sleeveless which was OKAY for beach but disaster for a malay town. Everyone was staring. that was my fault for being ignorant.
KTM with bed wasn’t that bad. I slept well because I was tired, and it’s pretty clean actually.
21 june. Today’s highlight was… the amazing experience with KTM toilet. Mine was… exciting because I experienced something no one could buy with money.
Have you ever tried having your stomach upset by a ikan bilis bread early in the morning, praying hard so that you could hold it until you get to somewhere with a toilet?
Hereby I declare… KTM toilet was not bad at all. The design was very considerable and the most important part was, it was useful. It wasn’t pretty but I had all that I need at that critical moment.
And so Thanks God, I arrived home safely, full with memory of that turquoise color beach.
3 comments:
aaaaaaa...
love your story ^^
thats a nice trip, and nice story telling.. ;)
makes me wanna jump there~
so remembering the stars i saw in ujung genteng in may.. it was all dark without any electric in a very end of java..
really understand how you feel about the stars!!
ah jes!! that's a really worth visiting place!
^^star gazing was wonderful!! especially when you got to lie down instead of bending your neck sitting somewhere. hahaha iya bener tuh, pas mati lampu, paling enak liat bintang2 sambil digigitin nyamuk hahaha
Post a Comment