Little piece of wisdom from my job
Lately haven’t been writing much, work had been busy lately but slowly receiving the rewarding feel as I seen before my eyes the drawing in papers come into life.
Not to feel proud or anything near it, since the design is done by my senior. But for this particular project, I had been given chance to watch it more closely and learned few details
But one thing that struck deeply was in fact, has nothing to do with the design or monitoring work on site. Strange?
What I had learned lately is that… hmn…how should I describe this?
As the design progressed steadily, we advanced into choosing material. This time around, there weren’t much to choose. Only wallpaper and tiles.
So I browse through wallpapers catalogue we had, picked few suitable, and first step after getting boss’s nod over my selection, I have to check stock. As usual… we don’t have much time, so it is best to show client only those that ..ex-stock. Means that supplier has the quantity we want at their store.
So I called the office number and simply just asked for the stock. And I should have asked price too but I forgotten. (Next time, I will remember, check stock means check price as well!)
At one point, boss asked, who is the sales person serving us from the supplier. I simply said, ‘I just called the office and ask stock directly’ and boss said, ‘you know, it is good actually to find back the sales person, well, you know, since they had served us previously (as in…coming to office and bring catalogue and explain stuffs) so don’t waste their effort.’
At ‘don’t waste their effort’ – I felt a sprang of guilt. Deep down inside buried somewhere in my mind, of course, sales person earning depends from their sales record. But what made me avoid contacting the person directly is because few times before when I called to just check stock, they always do follow up and that’s means, calling you back after few days and asking how’s the thing going on.
I hated that. Since most of the time I don’t have answer to that. And I had meet one that irritatingly persistent.
But of course, they are just doing their job. As I did mine.
The wisdom is…to face instead of to run. Or else I won’t grow.
No comments:
Post a Comment